Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Gardner Village

So, it is the day before halloween and I wanted to take the kids to Gardner Village (Thanks Tiff for your post which reminded me to go). We invited a few friends, but only Amanda Gibbs could come! We are so glad she did because we had so much fun! Well, I love Gardner Village; at halloween they decorate it with witches everywhere. Some of the witches are alive, but most are decorations. There are witches playing baseball, some are flying through the air, some are sitting on the benches next to you. It is so fun! Kyleigh likes the pony ride, and pouted and threw a fit until I finally fufilled my promise to take her. Then we ate at Achibalds and I had the biggest piece of carrot cake that I took home. So this piece of carrot cake was as big as the to-go container, from one side to the other and the frosting it the top when it was closed! It was sooooo good! ok, I have to stop because I am making myself hungry! It is our tradition to go for halloween-I think this is the 3rd year that we have gone. Anyways, it is especially fun for halloween...here are some pictures of our day....






























Something interesting is that Gardner Village is part of Brandon's heritage. Brandon's great great great grandpa was Archibald Gardner. The restaurant is named after Archibald, and it was his mill. It is an old mill, that has been converted by the new owners into a bunch of specialty shops. The shops are historic homes from the salt lake valley that they have moved to the mill, and now have a new purpose. A lot of the homes have plaques saying where they are from and often who owned them. I could spend days there reading about the houses and of course shopping!

Another interesting side note, is that Archibald's brother was the first mayor of St. George!

1 comment:

2-Fold said...

Cooper is such a happy baby. It looks like you guys had a great time. Thanks for the invite, sorry I couldn't go. Ky looks so cute on the pony.